Skip to main content
Topic: I am! But I'd better take him his (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

I am! But I'd better take him his

YOU manage?' Alice asked. The Hatter shook his head mournfully. 'Not I!' he replied. 'We quarrelled last March--just before HE went mad, you know--' (pointing with his tea spoon at the March Hare,) '--it was at the great concert given by the Queen of Hearts, and I had to sing "Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you're at!" You know the song, perhaps?' 'I've heard something like it,' said Alice. 'It goes on, you know,' the Hatter continued, 'in this way:-- "Up above the world you fly,.

Hatter. Alice felt

Reply #1
I meant,' the King hastily said, and went on to himself in an undertone,.

Alice thoughtfully: 'but then--I shouldn't be hungry

Reply #2
Alice. 'Stand up and repeat "'TIS THE VOICE OF THE SLUGGARD,"' said the Gryphon. 'How the creatures order one about, and make one repeat lessons!' thought Alice; 'I might as well be at school at once.' However, she got up, and began to repeat it, but her voice sounded hoarse and strange, and the words did not come the same as they used to do:-- 'How doth the little crocodile Improve his shining tail, And pour the waters of the Nile On every golden scale! 'How cheerfully he seems to grin, How neatly spread his claws, And welcome little fishes in With gently smiling jaws!' 'I'm sure those are not the right words,' said poor Alice, and her eyes filled with tears again as she went on, 'I must be Mabel after all, and I shall have to go and live in that poky little house, and have.

Mock Turtle. 'Very much indeed,' said Alice. 'What

Reply #3
Alice soon came to the conclusion that it was a very difficult game indeed. The players all played at once without waiting for turns, quarrelling all the while, and fighting for the hedgehogs; and in a very short time the Queen was in a furious passion, and went stamping about, and shouting 'Off with his head!' or 'Off with her head!' Those whom she.

Alice, 'it'll never do to come upon them THIS

Reply #4
Alice to herself, rather sharply; 'I advise you to leave off this minute!' She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it), and sometimes she scolded herself so severely as to bring tears into her eyes; and once she remembered trying to.